Our User Experience discipline is at the heart of all FortyFour creative deliverables. We’re looking for multidimensional, instinctually collaborative UX Designers who are equipped to craft digital experiences that elevate brands, form powerful connections with audiences, and drive conversions.
UX Designers are responsible for producing concise, engaging, and beautiful interfaces, conducting comprehensive user research, orchestrating requirements-gathering workshops, auditing competitive landscapes, and employing the latest wireframe and interactive prototyping tools. They are just as comfortable working across disciplines to collaborate on client deliverables as they are presenting work to clients and team members. They stay current on industry trends and have a high command over representational tools.
What We Expect
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team: We need UX Designers who can self-manage and constantly seek new ways to push a project forward, but can also collaborate effectively with Design, Content, Development, Project Management, Marketing, and Analytics disciplines.
- A commitment to overall project success: UX Designers at FortyFour often assume the role of project solution lead, and are frequently called to think about elements of their work beyond their core focus. The best candidates craft holistic solutions with both the user’s experience and project’s overall success in mind.
- Strong attention to detail: UX Designers are expected to maintain the highest attention to detail across all project deliverables, producing work that is aesthetically pleasing, technically feasible, and aligned with project requirements from client and internal team.
- Hungry to take on challenges: We expect our UX Designers to take ownership of their work and fundamentally see challenges as opportunities.
- Desire to seek opportunity: Our UX team members are expected to grow and learn quickly. They soak up as much from their peers and environment, and don’t view their current role as their ceiling within FortyFour. They raise their hand when they have resourcing bandwidth and always seek to help out their colleagues.
- Flexibility: UX team members need to be comfortable working across multiple projects simultaneously without missing a beat.
- An inclusive attitude.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- A background in UX: 2-4 years experience, preferably in an agency environment, marketing department, or a related field.
- Strong portfolio of related work.
- Background in comparative/competitive research, persona development, and thorough understanding of modern UI/UX principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Experience Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and time management skills.
- Deep interest in modern UX practices for web, digital, and marketing products.
- Proficiency with design software tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Prototyping tools, etc.); knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS/Analytics is a plus.