The Ecommerce Manager is responsible for leading clients’ ecommerce business, which includes driving sales revenue, optimizing operations and overseeing the day-to-day management of the digital store. The Ecommerce Manager should be a driven self-starter who can lead cross-functional teams to achieve revenue goals. In addition to managing day-to-day tasks and resources, the Ecommerce Manager will provide thought leadership, industry best practices, and performance insights to lead strategic planning for the growth of the client’s business.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Function as the lead and primary contact for clients’ ecommerce business
- Serve as an expert on ecommerce best practices and industry trends to guide business opportunities for expansion and evolution
- Lead solutions and propose recommendations leveraging knowledge of ecommerce technology including platforms, platform extensions, marketplaces, etc.
- Provide recommendations on ecommerce marketing strategies, ecommerce site UX, etc., partnering with internal agency teams as necessary
- Manage platform admin duties for the client including catalog management, promotion creation, sales order, and operational reporting, etc.
- Ensure that SLA requirements are met; quickly utilize resources to troubleshoot ecommerce site issues that impact business
- Partner with FortyFour’s analytics team to ensure delivery of performance metrics, insights, and business growth recommendations
- Plan and lead agency resources to ensure timely and efficient execution of client deliverables within project budget
- Create content for agency site and external publications in ecommerce trends and topics monthly
- 2-4 years of experience in ecommerce
- D2C ecommerce experience required; B2B experience is a plus
- BA in business, marketing or related field
- Demonstrated project management experience; use of project management software is a plus
- Demonstrated cross-functional or cross-discipline experience including ecommerce, marketing, social media, analytics, user experience, etc.
- Experience working with creative and technology teams
- Solid working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Highly functional with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be results-focused
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and sense of urgency to resolve issues
- Ability to foster good working relationships within agency and with clients
- Ability to understand priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ecommerce platform management; previous experience with Magento or Shopify is a plus
- Experience with fulfillment and supply chain operations is a plus
- Experience in brick-and-mortar retail setting is a plus
- Experience with agile, sprint and scrum project methodology is a plus
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Certification with specified ecommerce platforms and software will be a requirement upon hire