Content and Copywriting are critical capabilities at our agency. They inform and empower the broader Creative team. Our writers and editors must have a passion for both the nuances of the written word and the importance of effective communication. We’re looking for multidimensional, instinctually collaborative copywriters who are willing to work hard on all types of projects, from foundational re-branding efforts to global marketing campaigns to the content strategy of large web redesigns.
Copywriters are responsible for crafting original, effective, on-brand content for digital channels and web presences that aligns with client objectives and forms the foundation of compelling, conversion-oriented experiences.
What We Expect
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team: We need copywriters who can self-manage and constantly seek new ways to push a project forward, but can also collaborate effectively with members of other disciplines.
- A commitment to overall project success: Copywriting at FortyFour is a strategic role, and our writers are expected to think strategically. Merely ensuring the copy is clean and effective is not sufficient — they must work to wrap their heads around the overall goals of the project and keep those in mind at all times.
- Strong attention to detail: Copywriters are expected to work efficiently and quickly, producing work that is grammatically accurate and without spelling error, and reflects the goals of the client and feedback of the broader team.
- Hungry to take on challenges: Writers do some of the most important work in our agency, and with that critical role comes pressure. We need people who are ready to take ownership of their work and fundamentally see challenges as opportunities.
- Desire to seek opportunity: Our writers are expected to grow and learn quickly. They soak up as much from their peers and environment as possible. We’re looking for writers who want to move up in the agency, and don’t view their current role as their ceiling within FortyFour. They raise their hand when they have availability and are always seeking to help colleagues out.
- Flexibility: Our copywriters need to be able to move from one project to the next without missing a beat.
Skills and Knowledge
- A background in writing: 3+ years experience, preferably in an agency environment or marketing department.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Deep interest in culture, in particular online and digital culture.