Content Strategy and Creation are critical capabilities at our agency. They inform and empower the UX, Design, and Marketing teams. Our content strategists and creators must have a passion for both the nuances of the written word and a keen understanding of how useful, usable content is created, distributed and governed. We’re looking for multidimensional, instinctually collaborative team members who are willing to work hard on all types of projects, from global B2B marketing campaigns to the D2C e-commerce experiences of major brands.
Content Strategist/Creators are responsible for ensuring that the content that powers our web design/build projects is compelling, intuitive, conversion-oriented and on-brand, and that the site content enables the achievement of client objectives in both the near and long terms.
What We Expect
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team: We need content strategists who can self-manage and constantly seek new ways to push a project forward, but can also collaborate effectively with members of other disciplines.
- A commitment to overall project success: Content Strategy at FortyFour is a project leadership role, and our team members are expected to think about elements of the project beyond their core focus. Merely ensuring the content is clean and compelling is not sufficient — they must work to wrap their heads around the overall goals of the project and keep those in mind at all times.
- Strong attention to detail: Content Strategists are expected to work efficiently and quickly, producing work that is grammatically accurate and without spelling error, and reflects the goals of the client and feedback of the broader team.
- Hungry to take on challenges: Strategist/Creators do some of the most important work in our agency, and with that critical role comes pressure. We need people who are ready to take ownership of their work and fundamentally see challenges as opportunities.
- Desire to seek opportunity: Our Strategist/Creators are expected to grow and learn quickly. They soak up as much from their peers and environment as possible. We’re looking for writers who want to move up in the agency, and don’t view their current role as their ceiling within FortyFour. They raise their hand when they have availability and are always seeking to help colleagues out.
- Flexibility: Our Strategist/Creators need to be able to move from one project to the next without missing a beat.
Skills and Knowledge
- Significant experience (3+ years) leading the content track of web design/build projects or marketing campaigns.
- A background in writing, preferably in an agency environment or marketing department.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Deep interest in culture, in particular online and digital culture.